Response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland:
1) What extra services or support, if any did you provide during Covid-19?
Waverley Care/SX Project provided several extra services during the pandemic.
· Partnered up with HIV Scotland to launch and deliver the new FREE HIV Home Self Testing Kit service in Scotland. You can find out more information below.
· Additionally, the Waverley Care HIV support team provided an additional response in respect of access to medication and supplies.
· Set up a support fund to keep people connected through technology.
· In addition, they increased their e-health interventions and provided support online and via the phone.
2) Who was the target audience within the LGBT+ community?
· Gay, Bisexual and MSM (Men who have Sex with Men), including Trans masc.
3) Was that the audience that engaged with the support or service?
4) Would you say the services were successful?
Yes- Waverley Care/SX have never been busier, and their Digital Engagement is nearly overwhelming. However, the situation with many of their Service Users is of concern, in particular their Mental Health and Wellbeing.
5) What support do you feel is needed, particularly in the event of a second wave?
Security in Funding, the impact on the LGBT+ Community in Scotland will be significant as many of “our people” are already marginalised due to poor Health, Wellbeing and Gender and Sexual identity.