Professional Development Coordinator
Part-time sessional role
20hrs per week
£15 per hour
Immediate start, contract ends 31st October 2020
The impact from COVID-19 on the mental health and wellbeing of LGBT+ people pose a risk to the ongoing resilience and speedy recovery of the community.
Our aim is to ensure the leaders of LGBT+ community groups are supported through this difficult time to make the best and most informed decisions for the future of their organisations – this starts with their own mindfulness.
You will coordinate efforts to improve the mental health and wellbeing of up to 20 community leaders or activists who manage LGBT groups in Scotland, and up to 20 LGBT+ individuals, via online and telephone support sessions by 31st October 2020.
This work will be targeted at LGBT+ groups organised and run by volunteers or sessional staff that have a turnover of £100,000 or less in the last financial year.
Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge of the LGBT+ sector in Scotland.
- Strong understanding of the working practices of community groups and activism.
- Excellent understanding of supporting individuals in challenging advocacy roles.
- Excellent understanding of and working practice informed by intersectionality.
- Strong understanding of trauma and experience with a trauma informed practice.
- Experience working one-to-one and facilitating groups in a community LGBT+ setting.
- Knowledge of video call platforms, Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this opportunity, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 17th July. A telephone or video call will be scheduled with shortlisted candidates shortly after.
We’re committed to ensuring diversity in our organisation and welcome applications from those often under-represented in the LGBT or charitable sectors. You are welcome at Pink Saltire – we value your skills, your experiences and your contribution.
This opportunity is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.